Blowouts of clamps, fresh and wet.

We pulled a sheet of mixed black and white cotton pulp. We laid some clamps over the uncouched mold and removed all the pulp still showing either with our fingers or with the spray from a water hose (the weight of the object kepts the water pressure from displacing them and disturbing the pulp beneath). The container in the upper left photo is some of that removed pulp.

After the clamps are removed, what is left (upper right photo) were then couched onto a orange base sheet. Both the black and white sheet and the orange are from cotton rag and linters and were formed with a 12" x 18" deckle box. We did several these sheets, one of which was torn into strips and collaged into the work at bottom right.